"It is impossible for a lover of cats to banish these alert, gentle and discriminating little friends, who give us just enough of their regard and complaisance to make us hunger for more."
-Agnes Repplier, American essayist
NEWS & EVENTS, Updated 2/25/2018
- We did it! We have broken our own record. During the calendar year 2016, Cats Unlimited financed a total of 495 spay/neuter surgeries. We are happy to announe that as of 9-11-17, with three and one-half months left to go in the year 2017, we are already at the 519 mark!. This is the result of both personal requests from citizens utilizing the services of the three local veterinarians who participate in our low-cost spay/neuter program and TNR situations for which we take advantage of transport vans to Angels of Assissi. Many thanks to everyone involved in making this program such a success!
- Yet another little bit of good news! On Shore Foundation is an organization based in Malibu, California. They have given us grants for the past four years. We are happy to announce that On Shore Foundation obviously feels Cats Unlimited is a worthy recipient of their funding, as we have just been blessed for the fifth year in a row. An additional $1,000 to aid the kitties of Rockbridge County!
- Cats Unlimited is pleased to announce that it is the recipient of a Petco Foundation grant that will be used to expand our low-cost spay/neuter program. This is very exciting for us since the Petco Foundation provides funds nation-wide, and since 1999 they’ve invested more than $167 million in lifesaving animal welfare work to make that happen. With more than 4,000 animal welfare partners, they inspire and empower communities to make a difference by investing in adoption and medical care programs, spay and neuter services, pet cancer research, service and therapy animals, and numerous other lifesaving initiatives.
- Cats Unlimited and the Rockbridge Animal Alliance (RAA) are collecting cat and dog food for needy families in Rockbridge County. Our goal is to help these families keep their pets and provide them proper nutrition. The food will be distributed at the Rockbridge Food Pantry on:
To be announced.
- "Operation Cans for Cats" has been a very successful endeavor for Cats Unlimited thus far. During the year 2017 alone, well over a ton of aluminum cans were collected and recycled with all money received being utilized to help fund our Spay/Neuter Program. Why throw away those drink cans, beer cans, cat food cans, etc., when they can be put to such good use? Keep us in mind before tossing out your aluminum cans. They just need to be rinsed out, and labels do not have to be removed. But what a simple gesture to raise some money for such a tremendous cause.
- Cats Unlimited was recently the beneficiary of a $1,000 grant from the On Shore Foundation, and also received a check for $500 from the Hugs and Kisses Animal Fund. Every little bit helps!
- This year's yard sale is scheduled to be held at the Sam Ruritan Barn on Valley Pike Road on June 8 and 9. Unfortunately we have lost the use of the W&L Pavilion (where we have held our summer sales for approximately the past 10 years) this year due to construction; however, we look forward to the new location. It will, by necessity, be quite a bit smaller than in past years , but we will do everything in our power to bring you a quality sale and one where you can continue to find all types of interesting things. More information forthcoming ....
Our e-mail address is
Our phone is 540-458-2287. Please leave a message and one of our volunteers will call
Our mailing address is P.O. Box 484, Lexington, VA 24450